A Student undertaking studies at our University, can come to the Dean’s Office at the International Office to ask for the following:
1. Issuing and stamping student’s identity card.
2. Issuing and stamping a duplicate of the student’s identity card (the duplicate can only be issued if the Dean gives his consent in writing).
3. Issuing the student’s record book, stamping it for every completed semester, entering grades on completion of every semester, preparing for the defence.
4. Issuing a duplicate of the student’s record book, stamping it for every completed semester, entering grades on completion of every semester, preparing for the defence (the duplicate can only be issued if the Dean gives his consent in writing).
5. Issuing an attestation of the student’s status for local Offices and Authorities.
6. Dealing with all cases concerning the course of studies, including:
a. Deeming the semester completed,
b. Controlling grades received from examinations,
c. Fixing dates for examinations and credits,
d. Fixing dates for repeating examinations/credits, for conditional pass, credit in advance, special board examination,
e. Applications to the Dean, Chancellor, and President,
f. Shifting the deadlines for the first and repeat examination periods at the end of the semester,
g. Justifying absences (an application must be submitted to the Dean with an attestation confirming the cause of the absence stated in the application),
h. Confirming the average weighted mark,
i. Issuing a description of the course of studies until the day of issuing the attestation,
j. Changing the field of study,
k. Individual organisation of studies,
l. Receiving the decisions of the Dean, Chancellor and President,
m. Defending the thesis – coordinating the process of sending the thesis to the Antiplagiarism system.
Information important for the Student:
1. The Student is obliged to abide by the “Study Regulations” and “Payment Policy” binding at the University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów.
2. When applying for: repeat examination/credit, conditional pass, credit in advance, repeating the semester, dean’s leave (i.e. a year off) – the Student must submit an application to the Dean for International Students (the applications must contain the appropriate attachments confirming the cause of failing to fulfill student’s duties or of absences). The forms are available on this webpage under “FORMS/FORMULARZE”.
3. If the Student is absent from an examination or credit and does not justify that absence within 7 days from the date of the examination/credit, s/he receives a Dean’s 2.0 (unsatisfactory), which means failing the examination at the first date.
4. All and any requests should be submitted in writing (when a decision is made, it is placed at the Student’s individual page at the Virtual University).
5. Appeals from the Dean’s decisions to the President must be submitted in the Dean’s Office at the International Office; it is also here that the Student should come to receive the President’s decision.
6. The Dean and the President have two workdays for making decisions in relation to students’ applications.
7. Students are obliged to check their University e-mailbox at least one a week, as all information (notifications, grades) concerning them are sent via e-mail.
8. Students are obliged to inform the University (by leaving the information in the Dean’s Office at the International Office) about any and all changes in their name, address of permanent residence in the country of residence (home country), address for correspondence, address of residence in Poland, telephone number. If the Dean’s Office is not notified of such changes, all correspondence sent to the prior given address is considered delivered.
9. Students preparing for defences are obliged to send the thesis through the Virtual University system for checking by the Antiplagiarism system. When the thesis is accepted at the Virtual University page, the Student can print it following the „Instruction for writing a thesis” and submit it in the Dean’s Office at the International Office two weeks before the planned defence date, at the latest. The date of the defence is established by the thesis Supervisor in agreement with the Dean of the International Office.
10. Students may request an occasional or accidental leave only if the particular semester is completed. A health leave may be granted to a Student who provides (written) evidence for his ill health.
published: 03 April 2008 10:04